Sunday, March 12, 2006

Thursday was Both a good n TERRIBLE day.

Woohoo...

Got my pretty new wakeboard on Thursday and took it out for a ride.
Smooth baby...Smooth.
Pops were bigger, landings were softer, and the trackings when I edge were fantastic!!!!
I heart my new board. And the board has a hologram effect too u know!!! So nice!!!
My instructor, Kenny's shop
Me and Da man himself, Kenny
My old board, 2001 Liquid Force Trip 33.5 + the graphics on its underside
My board now, hanging on the wall, inside Kenny's shop
My new precious, 2006 CWB Sapphire 134
Close up of the pretty pretty logo
2006 CWB Sapphire 134 + Board's Graphics on its underside
However... I was into my 2nd set when the terrible part starts.
Edged out REAL far to set up for a 2 wake jump. My instructor was kinda pushing me hard to clear the 2 wakes n told me to dig my heels in and edge in towards the wake.
Pop was fucking explosive and I went real high! Unfortunately, the phrase "the higher you jump, the harder you fall" proved to be very accurate in my case, and when I landed, my board slipped out from under me in one direction while my knees went in the other direction.
I could literally hear my knees went CRRRRACKKKK.... as I sink into the sea.
Sighz...in the end, I missed the last day of school on Friday, missed my last kickboxing lesson yesterday, will have to miss Muay Thai on Tues as I dun think I would fully recover in time, and more importantly, my 2 days of wake camp on Thurs and Friday will have to go down the drain as well.
Though I HAVE to thank my lucky stars that I most probably didn't tear anything and that it was just a sprain as swelling was minimal and after only two day, I am almost walking normally already.
Still...*Mutter mutter*

4 Comments:

Blogger Mockingbird said...

It's a good thing u only suffered a sprain :) Wakeboarding sure sounds like great fun :)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Philea said...

Looks fun. I like those board graphics.

1:53 PM  
Blogger blog posts said...

I was blog-surfing when I chanced on your blogsite. You truly have an adventurous spirit, but you must really be more careful... Good thing it is only a sprain not a ligament tear... And I must say that you are not cocky but someone who is confident and adventurous. Do take care of yourself and looking forward to reading more of your adventures.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

michael chua:

Yea...knees are usually the 1st to go for wakeboarders so I guess I was very lucky not to have seriously injure it!

philea:

wakeboarding is great fun! You should try it one day. =)

blog posts:

thks! =) n I guess u got the "cocky" word from my other post abt a certain guy. LoL ;)

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home