Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Surprise!

Remember my other post where I commented that I had been bumping into old friends at NIE?
Well, yesterday I bumped into another dear friend of mine, Herbert, whom I was pretty close to when we were in college.
It's a pity that we slowly start to lose contact with each other after graduation but hey, what do you know! We are back in the same school again! Haha...*grinz*
Looks like NIE is a gd place to be meeting up with old chums. =)
****************************************************************************************
2 Sundays ago, my guy "ganged up" with the rest of the zoo gang and threw me a surprise belated birthday dinner...and boy was I surprised! This was what happened...(as far as I can remember lah!)
About a week or so ago
Guy: Dear ah, Sunday WL & the rest are meeting up for dinner hor. 6pm at Wheelock Place. WL is leaving for taiwan on Monday and Sunday seems to be the only day all of them are free.
Me: But like tt means I will be missing muay thai leh. Nevermind lah, you go for dinner with them by yourself.
Guy: Cannot! It is also supposed to be a birthday celebration for you mah.
Me: (not sensing anything fishy) Sighz...ok lah then I go for muay thai on Friday.
Sunday, at Wheelock Place, NYDC
Me: Eh how come I cannot see them? (saw the zoo gang) EH! How come Jo they all are here at NYDC too leh? Waileng and Mark? Xinyi and Jingwei are here too!
Guy: Ya lor...
Me: I tot we are meeting WL they all? *glares at him*
Guy: Heehee...Not my fault! They want it be a surprise mah. *sheepish grin*
And the best part?
Husni, another close friend of mine from college whom I have not seens in eons too, (and he knows Herbert! ALL 3 of us were OGLs (Orientiation Group Leaders) in the same OG back in college) was the supervisor on duty at NYDC tt day, and knowing that it was my birthday celebration, he brought over a slice of brownie with a candle on it, and an additional slice of mango ice-cream cake, on the house!
Needless to say, that birthday dinner is now ranked as one of the best birthday celebration I ever had with my friends. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh?? He actually *said* it was for your birthday and you didn't suspect anything?

Quote: "Guy: Cannot! It is also supposed to be a birthday celebration for you mah."

11:18 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

eh? i know it was a bday celebration for me.

stev has a grp of frens and there are 3 of them in the grp whose bday falls in sept too so we will usually have a gathering to celebrate all our bdays.

n stev told me that it was THAT gathering tt we were supposed to attend.

tt was y i didnt suspect anything.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home