Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Jakarta Photos Part 1

Finally managed to upload some of the photos that I took in Jakarta & Bandung but after uploading about 10 pictures, blogger seems to be protesting that it is doing too much work in too short a time, AGAIN, so I will have to continue with part 2 another day.
In the meantime, enjoy. =)

ON THE PLANE
When we were waiting for our turn to check in, the airport officers told us to head over to the business class counter where we were told that we were upgraded to the business class as the flight was overbooked, FOR FREE! I tell you...I was the happiest gal in the whole airport then . Too bad the flight was only 1.5hrs. Hee. *grinz*
Business Class Seat...Big and Comfy!
Look at how much space I had even after fully stretching out my legs!
Controls for the chair. It is fully automated and you can either choose 1 of the 3 pre-set options (sitting upright, half recline, or bed) or customise ur own chair angle using those 4 funny looking buttons. The chair can even give you a massage!
Our meal of the day. On the way back from Singapore, the economy class was served only a cold sandwich with a muffin. Here in the business class, we had a piping hot and delicious seafood noodle set and there was a table cloth spread over an extra large table. Shortly after meals, the waitress even came around to ask if anyone wanted extra buns.
And of cos, last but not least, here are 2 very happy people taking photos on board the plane. =)
JAKARTA (1 OF 2)
A typical Indonesian breakfast in Jakarta, Bak Mee, which is noodles with some cubed chicken, some char siew and vege.
Another common dish in Indonesia, Panpek (not too sure about the spelling). It's like fishcake, though not as chewy and you are supposed to dunk it into that brown sauce before eating. The yellow thingy in middle of the fishcake is egg yolk.

Mobile roadside stall outside my guy's house. I never dare to try this cos I dun wanna end up sitting in the toilet for the rest of the day. This particular stall is selling Nasi Goreng (Malay Fried Rice). The lady in beige is my "sister-in-law" and she is waiting for her dinner.

A very interesting thing to note in Indonesia...ALL the Honda Jazz have had the dot above the "J" stolen. According to the story from my guy, it was because some idiot spread a rumor that the dot was made from white gold and that sparked a crazy vandalism spree. Whatever it is, I am glad that is not my car.

Heehee...this is a photo of my guy when he was just a little baby. He look so fat, so cute and soooooo BLUR! Haha. =p

Ok, I will try to continue the rest of the pictures for the Jakarta trip by this week (still have a couple of photos that I took with my "niece" (my guy's brother's daughter), my cousins during my trip up to Bandung, and of course, Molly, the closest thing I had to a pet dog. Ta~Ta~...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home