Sunday, August 28, 2005

What a Week!

Finally it's Sunday again. What a LOOOOOOOONG week tis had been for me at work. Bored bored bored bored bored *yawns*

Lets see...I didnt do much on wednesday except to go out for dinner with my boy at Wheelock (isit single or double L?) Place cos I had to bring my ipod down to the Apple center for repairs. OH YES! Speaking of which, if u realised tt ur ipod batt is depleting real fast, send it to the Apple center. The guy told me that the old batch of ipods (the ones with the nicer colors like pastel metalic pink n metalic baby blue, not the new ones with DISGUSTING colors like shocking pink n electric blue n lime green...) has a batt prob. So they regularly get customers coming back to complain abt the batt not being able to hold a charge. N you know what they r gonna do? They are gonna give me a BRAND NEW IPOD! FOC! Woo Hoo! I m so happy cos I dropped my ipod on its edge once n then there is a small ugly dent on the top left hand corner n I was so terribly upset then but now...NO MORE DENTS!!!! YAY!!!

Thursday was a lazy day with me being hme from work by 6.30pm (SO early!!!).

Friday...friday was a day NOT to be forgotten man! There had been some talk abt the planet MARS appearing in our sky n it was supposed to be at its peak where it can be viewed with the naked eye by 12.30am, Saturday morning. And so...I made plans with a couple of friends to head over to Marina Bay for some BBQ Steamboat buffet along with a couple of bowling games before heading over to the beach to catch the "once in a lifetime" sight.

Alas, ard 7pm+, I received an sms from the same friend, telling me that his wife's colleague had said it was a hoax!!! Man was I disappointed. *sobs* That, coupled with the fact that I had to wait 40mins with a rumbling tummy to meet up with a delegate from the Kingdom of Bahrain to settle some payments but he NEVER turned up!

However, things only got better from then on. Managed to arrive at Marina Bay 45mins late n by then I was ravished! Spend the next 3hrs gorging n exchanging stories with my friends till almost midnite n deciding that the night was still early, we headed over to superbowl marina n had a couple of games. By the time I got hme, it was past 2am in the morning.

Saturday was great fun too! Woke up at 11, decided to it was still very early n went back to sleep again until it was almost 1pm. =p Did the usual stuff (hsechores, lunch, getting ready to go out) n my boy came over to pick me up at 3.15pm to head over to YCK stadium to catch his game. They were playing against SCC today. Unfortunately, due to bad refereeing together with the fact that SCC were the better players at the end of the day, both division 1 & 2 lost the game.

With a very disappointed n disgusted boyfriend in tow (better not let him read this =p), we head back to Yew Tee for dinner n then to his place so that he could shower n get ready for the night out tt we had planned with a few of his expat friends who were heading back to their home country. Unfortunately, I got so sleepy after dinner that fell asleep while waiting for him n by the time I woke up, it was almost 11pm! It was then a rush bak to my place in a cab, I showered n made up in the quickest time possible, n we drove down to One Fullerton, Lash.

Oh yea...speaking of which, Lash is a very nice place for chilling out with friends. The food is reaonably priced, drinks selected is limited though most ppl would drink beer anyway, plenty of seats, n there is a big screen tv for nights where there are soccer matches too. Only thing is, they closed at 3am though.

Anyway, by 1.30am, a couple of them were getting sleepy so we split into 2 groups, one to head over to Lau Pa Sat for supper, n the other back hme to sleep. Lau Pa Sat was a disappointment though cos most of the stalls were closed already so we ended up only having dessert. It was then more gossiping (with one of the french guy trying to convince us to watch "March of the Penguins n the aussie guy giving plenty of reasons NOT to watch it. Damn hilarious!) till abt 3.30am before we bade our farewells with promises to catch up again for dinner before they leave Singapore.

By the time I got hme, it was about 4am in the morning n with a little net surfing n all, it was almost 6am by the time i crawled into bed. The rest is history as I slept in till almost 3pm in the afternoon (with fultile efforts by my mum n dad to wake me up at 12pm and 1pm respectively) n now...

I AM STILL SLEEPY!!!! DAMMIT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home